This is a workflow that
- Allows selection of multiple images from iOS’s photo library
- Sorts them by Date Taken
- Renames them image_001 to image_nnn
- Presents a preview collage of the sorted images
- Prompts for a Dropbox location to save them
(It should be trivial to change this to an action extension, save to iCloud Drive/Files, etc.
I created this because I needed a good way to share a large-ish selection of full resolution photos from a recent mini-vacation with friends.
So far exporting photos into a public Dropbox folder is the best way I’ve found of doing this. Problems I’ve run into with other methods are:
- iCloud Photo Sharing doesn’t preserve order, is relatively low resolution, and doesn’t let people download the source images
- Sharing from Photos to Dropbox mixes up the names and order when the photos are from different sources
- Google Photo’s sharing features only seek to work if you upload all your photos.
(I don’t use Facebook).